Dutch House - Galle, Sri Lanka
High on a hill, yet within minutes of the city centre, and with magnificent views of the UN World Heritage listed fort of Galle, Doornberg or The Dutch House has set the pace in redefining luxury accommodation for the individual traveller in Sri Lanka. Highly exclusive with only 4 suites this country house built in 1712 ensures complete privacy for its guests.
Spacious living areas, an English tropical garden complete with croquet lawn and treetop infinity pool provides ample space for guests to find a quiet area in which to truly unwind. Period Dutch antiques reflect its early 18th century origins but blend in well with its contemporary collection of art.
Voted as one of the top 20 hip hotels of the world, Dutch House is the ultimate indulgence in space & privacy in one of Ceylon's most well preserved historic mansions.
Room Catergories: Suite
Dutch House is located on Sri Lanka's exotic south coast which is quietly becoming the Riviera of choice for the world's most discerning and inquisitive travellers. Conveniently located to the UN World Heritage site of Galle Fort, Buddhist temples, rainforests, lowland tea plantations, wildlife reserves and some of the most fabulous beaches in the Indian ocean.
Set high on a hill over looking Galle Harbour, The Dutch House is the perfect place to base yourself to set off exploring the local & chaotic markets and villages of the Southern Province.
Things you can do
- Walking tour of the historic Galle Fort
- Travel back in time in our beautiful vintage Rover around the Fort
- Visit key temples & Churches
- Shopping in & around Galle
- Snorkeling at Wijaya Beach coral reef – Thalpe
- Scuba Diving - Unuwatuna
- Deep Sea Fishing
- River Cruises
- Mountain bike riding with guide
- Surfing & boogie boarding on nearby beaches
- Visit Lunuganga, The Country estate of Geoffrey. Open for cream teas, lunches & dinners Bawa (www.lunuganga.net)
- Visit a low land tea estate
- Water Skiing, windsurfing & other water sports – Bentota
- Sinharaja Rainforest
- Day safari to Ude Walawe National Park
In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!
copyrights © Nkar Travels & Tours (Pvt) Ltd. ® 2011
book Dutch House